"Go to the sign of Marvel's Axe, a dubious inn on the edge of the Thieves Quarter, in the City of Greyhawk, and look to your own wrist. If you perceive a bracelet and dangling dice, watch for the next throw in the war between Law and Chaos and be prepared to follow the compelling geas." -Signal

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

D&D - Crypt of the Smoke Dragon


I really don't have a lot to say about this. It may be the shortest module ever released. I know some of the Free Game Day items are short but I am not sure any are as short as this. It is 16 pages long but four of those are character sheets and then you gave the cover and the back page advertisement. Add into that the map you are down to nine pages. They really stretched the filler to make it out to nine pages as well. It was released in 1999 and I am not sure where or how I came across it. It was most likely and eBay purchase and I suspect I paid too much for you. You can find a download copy here. I am not sure if that is still supposed to be live or not.

From the introduction:

This self-contained game gives you and your friends the experience of playing the Dungeons & Dragons game in an easy-to-learn format. In this Fast-Play Games, you and your friends take on imaginary roles in a fantastic tale of mighty heroes, mythical dragons, and powerful magic.

This demo version of the game is designed to give you the feel of playing the Dungeons & Dragons game. The full game contains all sorts of options to help you create your own on-going sword and sorcery campaign. We'll tell you more about that at the end of this booklet.

1 comment:

Mystic Scholar said...

I was unaware of this particular product. Now that you've brought it to my attention, I'll have to look it over.

Long or short, each and every product is capable of inspiring "ideas" for your own game and that's the main thing.

Thanks for sharing this.

Popular Posts