"Go to the sign of Marvel's Axe, a dubious inn on the edge of the Thieves Quarter, in the City of Greyhawk, and look to your own wrist. If you perceive a bracelet and dangling dice, watch for the next throw in the war between Law and Chaos and be prepared to follow the compelling geas." -Signal

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

AC 4 - The Book of Marvelous Magic

Of all the cover art out there this is the one that I find the most intriguing except for perhaps the Clerics Challenge piece by Elmore. I think it is because of the conglomeration of magic items I can identify with from other modules being present on the front cover. That an the exotic appeal the magic user.  The cage I envision being the prison from the Lost Caverns, the cards being a deck of many things etc. Overall it is a well done product and it filled a niche for me as a DM.

Popular Posts